The Journal of an Xbox InfoPath Nut

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Debugging InfoPath forms in VS2003 with .net Framework 2.0 instaled

So today I attempted to open an older InfoPath Solution I had developed in Visual Studio 2003, once I had the app open I found that I could not debug the form. Did some searching and I found that this is due to VS2003 being unable to connect to the InfoPath process as I had installed .net Framework 2.0 I did some trawling through the wonderful ether and here is what I found.
(Note: yes I poached this solution from someone else check here for the original. but I figure the more people who have it posted somewhere the easier it will be for someone else to find)

  1. Create a new file in the same directory as the InfoPath.exe called InfoPath.exe.Config

  2. add the following to this file
<StartUp> <requiredRuntime imageVersion="v1.1.4322" version="v1.1.4322"/> <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/></StartUp>
 
  1. This will force InfoPath to start up using the .Net Framework 1.1, once you've added this file save your changes then attempt to debug your project once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home